Periodically, my site breaks and I'm almost sure it has to do with the cache (which is actually disabled on my dev machine... does that make any sense?). The most common problem occurs when saving content through the control panel - I save and am booted out of the control panel and only after clearing cache (php please clear:cache) can I log back in.

Today, a new problem - I was updating some images in multiple entries. For some reason, on saving them, the contents of a relate field was being overwritten empty. Went to look at the front-end and loads of related content was missing. Had to go back through each entry and repopulate the relate fields. It's turned a 10 minute job into an hour.

Here's the log entry (more than one like this):

[2017-10-19 09:14:31] dev.ERROR: ErrorException: unserialize(): Error at offset 2 of 8182 bytes in /home/vagrant/public_html/statamic/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Cache/FileStore.php:78
Stack trace:
#0 [internal function]: Illuminate\Foundation\Bootstrap\HandleExceptions->handleError(8, 'unserialize(): ...', '/home/vagrant/p...', 78, Array)
#1 /home/vagrant/public_html/statamic/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Cache/FileStore.php(78): unserialize('s:9247:"{"pages...')
#2 /home/vagrant/public_html/statamic/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Cache/FileStore.php(47): Illuminate\Cache\FileStore->getPayload('stache::timesta...')
#3 /home/vagrant/public_html/statamic/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Cache/Repository.php(98): Illuminate\Cache\FileStore->get('stache::timesta...')
#4 [internal function]: Illuminate\Cache\Repository->get('stache::timesta...', Array)
#5 /home/vagrant/public_html/statamic/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Cache/CacheManager.php(318): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#6 /home/vagrant/public_html/statamic/core/API/Cache.php(42): Illuminate\Cache\CacheManager->__call('get', Array)
#7 /home/vagrant/public_html/statamic/core/Stache/UpdateManager.php(127): Statamic\API\Cache::get('stache::timesta...', Array)
#8 /home/vagrant/public_html/statamic/core/Stache/UpdateManager.php(112): Statamic\Stache\UpdateManager->getTimestamps()
#9 /home/vagrant/public_html/statamic/core/Stache/UpdateManager.php(48): Statamic\Stache\UpdateManager->createTraverser(Object(Statamic\Stache\Drivers\UserGroupsDriver))
#10 /home/vagrant/public_html/statamic/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Support/Collection.php(135): Statamic\Stache\UpdateManager->Statamic\Stache\{closure}(Object(Statamic\Stache\Drivers\UserGroupsDriver), 'usergroups')
#11 /home/vagrant/public_html/statamic/core/Stache/UpdateManager.php(63): Illuminate\Support\Collection->each(Object(Closure))
#12 /home/vagrant/public_html/statamic/core/Stache/Manager.php(76): Statamic\Stache\UpdateManager->update()
#13 /home/vagrant/public_html/statamic/core/Providers/StacheServiceProvider.php(160): Statamic\Stache\Manager->update()
#14 /home/vagrant/public_html/statamic/core/Providers/StacheServiceProvider.php(142): Statamic\Providers\StacheServiceProvider->updateStache()
#15 [internal function]: Statamic\Providers\StacheServiceProvider->boot(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request))
#16 /home/vagrant/public_html/statamic/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Container/Container.php(507): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#17 /home/vagrant/public_html/statamic/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Application.php(734): Illuminate\Container\Container->call(Array)
#18 /home/vagrant/public_html/statamic/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Application.php(717): Illuminate\Foundation\Application->bootProvider(Object(Statamic\Providers\StacheServiceProvider))
#19 [internal function]: Illuminate\Foundation\Application->Illuminate\Foundation\{closure}(Object(Statamic\Providers\StacheServiceProvider), 28)
#20 /home/vagrant/public_html/statamic/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Application.php(718): array_walk(Array, Object(Closure))
#21 /home/vagrant/public_html/statamic/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Bootstrap/BootProviders.php(17): Illuminate\Foundation\Application->boot()
#22 /home/vagrant/public_html/statamic/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Application.php(203): Illuminate\Foundation\Bootstrap\BootProviders->bootstrap(Object(Statamic\Application))
#23 /home/vagrant/public_html/statamic/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Http/Kernel.php(222): Illuminate\Foundation\Application->bootstrapWith(Array)
#24 /home/vagrant/public_html/statamic/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Http/Kernel.php(117): Illuminate\Foundation\Http\Kernel->bootstrap()
#25 /home/vagrant/public_html/statamic/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Http/Kernel.php(87): Illuminate\Foundation\Http\Kernel->sendRequestThroughRouter(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request))
#26 /home/vagrant/public_html/index.php(155): Illuminate\Foundation\Http\Kernel->handle(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request))
#27 {main}  

I really want to support Statamic but this is a paid product that has terrible flaws. Please, please fix these issues.

v 2.6.8