---

template file

{{ get_files in="{{ directory }}" }}
  {{ if first }}
    <hr />
    <h4>Downloadable Documents</h4>
    <ul>
  {{ endif }}

<li style="list-style-image:url('/home/assets/img/icons/{{ extension }}.gif');background-color:{{ switch between="#f1ece8|#f7f4f1" }};margin-bottom:3px;" ><a href="{{ file }}">
  {{ get_content from="/home{{ current_url }}" }}
    {{ {{filename|backspace:4}} }}
  {{ /get_content }}
  </a> - [.{{ extension }} | {{ size }}]</li>

{{ if last }}
    </ul>
  {{ endif }}
{{ /get_files }}

Question 1: Can I retrieve to display the file's date stamp, as I can do its size?

Question 2: Is there a better way to retrieve a file's name without extension, rather than to shorten the full name based on the extension length?

Question 3: How can I set the backspace value dynamically, to match the (length of the extension + 1), and still be abel to use the value retuned within the {{get_content}} tag pair. A non-working hypothetical being {{ filename|backspace:{{ {{ extension|length }}|+1 }} }} This question is also trying to aim at a possible answer to how one can generate the variable names and values within tag brackets dynamically. Or is this altogether the wrong approach to theming Statmatic?

Question 4: What is the difference between {{ {{ filename }} }} and {{ {{ filename|backspace:4 }} }} in regards to not being or being, respectively, accepted as elements within the above {{get_content}} tag pair?