Can't use variables on pages in Statamic 3

I'm pretty new to Statamic, but I'm eagerly learning. I was developing a small website on my localhost using Statamic 2. Everything was going peachy (for the most part). Now that Statamic 3 is officially out, I figured I should continue with that brand spanking new version. I used the Migrator package to migrate my Statamic 2 site to version 3. This took more work than I figured, particularly with regard to page templates, but I've got most of it running now as with Statamic 2.

I am seeing some behavior I can't figure out, though. In Statamic 2, I could easily use variables and other code on my page fields, such as:

The {{ current_school_year }} tuition is...

Upcoming tour dates: {{ collection:tours }}

{{ tour_date format="l, F j, Y"}}

{{ /collection:tours }}

These would then render correctly, for example:

The 2020-2021 tuition is...

Upcoming tour dates: Saturday, September 12, 2020 Saturday, September 26, 2020 Saturday, October 10 , 2020 Saturday, October 24, 2020

However, in Statamic 3, this no longer works. The rendered pages just show the code, not their values, for example:

The {{ current_school_year }} tuition is...

When I use the exact same code in a view definition, then it does render correctly, showing the values, not the code. But I can't seem to include code like this in page content in Statamic 3, even though I could in Statamic 2.

Is this as expected? Am I missing something here?

Thanks! --Ron

Answered by Jonathan Cohlmeyer!
>>>>>>> Answered <<<<<<<
5 Replies
2 Followers