Configure SMTP settings to call on pass password keeper credentials for Protonmail Bridge

Hey again

Trying to setup my domain/webmail. I use protonmail for my business domains and have setup the domain/email together already.

For protonmail to use SMTP it requires a bridge application to be installed.

I installed the bridge, and configured the pass password keeper to have the correct login credentials and it was able to login via the protonmail bridge CLI.

So when I edit the .env file, im setting server to 127.0.0.1 and port to 1025, is there anything specific I need to do for it to call upon the pass app instead of credentials I manually input? I cannot send email using SMTP even if I put the correct credentials into the .env file manually...

I've tried this with 2FA active and inactive on the account in question - and still not getting anywhere - anyone had any luck setting up Protonmail for use with statamic?

Swift_TransportException
Failed to authenticate on SMTP server with username "[email protected]" using 2 possible authenticators. Authenticator LOGIN returned Expected response code 235 but got code "454", with message "454 4.7.0 account is logged out, use the app to login again ". Authenticator PLAIN returned Expected response code 235 but got code "454", with message "454 4.7.0 account is logged out, use the app to login again ". 

Edited to take out email details

>>>>>>> Unanswered <<<<<<<
2 Replies
2 Followers