Hi, I know about this page: https://github.com/statamic/hosts and I'm confused. Too many options. But finally I came up with the follwing and would like to ask: Is this a possible way for a person like me? I know, that there are many ways to deploy a Statamic site.
I'm a blogger (single person). I can do the tech stuff to a certain amount and I like it, but as a project, not on a daily basis.
I want my server to be secure (latest updates, firewall, DDos protection, Let's encrypt,...) automatically.
I'm happy to run "composer update", when the CP tells me, that Jack has released a new version. I'm also happy to learn the basic git commands. But this is it. I don't want to do sys-admin stuff. I talk to git.
- Local Site on my PC
- Write my blog article, open local CP, add article
- Preview loally in Browser (have Valet installed)
- All fine? Then: use Git in Windows powershell to transfer all changes to a remote repo
- Automatic: From remote repo to live site. Live site runs a version of Statamic, because all my blog articles have comment fields.
- From live site to a CDN for best performance
Get comments into the repo
- log into remote site
- Use the CP and Meerkat to manage comments
- Automatic: Start a process, that adds the comments to the remote repo
- Update the local repo
Ploi & Digital Ocean / Linode / Vultr
Ploi plus one of the 3 hosting companies above.
I'm thinking, that this might be the right combination for a person like me.
Am I right?
As an alternative I found fortrabbit. They also seem to take care of the tech side an make it easy to deploy.
- Are my workflows at least ok?
- What about the combination of Ploi plus hoster or better fortrabbit?
- Any thought about a CDN. Is it even necessary? DO and the other hosters have already a bunch of datacenters around the world.