Why should we upgrade to v3?

I love Statamic. Our organization has been using v2 for a while now, and it's treated us very well. We have a full-featured website up and running utilizing it, it performs well, and there haven't really been any issues. I know we're not fully utilizing every feature (especially git-related features - we don't use git much at all. All updates are done exclusively through the Control Panel). My question is: why should we upgrade to v3?

Disclaimer: I like v3. I've been messing around with it for about a week now, and it seems nice. Switching our code to work with v3 is going to be a bit more of a hassle than desired since the migrator isn't working too great for us), but I'm more than willing to put in the work for it.

The thing is, I have to convince my supervisors that the upgrade is worth the time & effort we'd have to put in to get everything seamlessly switched over. There's also the added cost of upgrade fees. (We had a lifetime v2 license, but now we'll have to pay $60/year to stay up-to-date).

So, the big question: Is it worth it? Why?

>>>>>>> Unanswered <<<<<<<
3 Replies
4 Followers