I built a site for a client (currently on 1.8.4), and when they add entries, they sometimes get duplicated as child pages. I haven't been able to duplicate it, but I set
settings.yaml, so I've ruled out the possibility of the client entering content in the wrong location.
Here's what things look like when it happens:
Products (page) Some Product (entry) Another Product (entry) Another Product (folder) another-product (page)
I can't figure out a pattern either. The only configuration I'm using that I haven't on any other builds is
I'm unable to delete the duplicated content via the CP. I have to use FTP to delete the files.