Hi, we've been running Statamic on our basic shared hosting with no problem. We're moving it to the client's server and are running into this error:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Symfony\Component\Filesystem\Exception\IOException' with message 'Failed to create "/var/www/html/_cache/_app/cookie".' in /var/www/html/_app/vendor/Symfony/Component/Filesystem/Filesystem.php:83 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/html/_app/vendor/Symfony/Component/Filesystem/Filesystem.php(447): Symfony\Component\Filesystem\Filesystem->mkdir('/var/www/html/_...') #1 /var/www/html/_app/core/api/file.php(96): Symfony\Component\Filesystem\Filesystem->dumpFile('/var/www/html/_...', 'f!g0|29|C'X?VaS...', 511) #2 /var/www/html/_app/core/api/cookie.php(23): File::put('/var/www/html/_...', 'f!g0|29|C'X?VaS...', 511) #3 /var/www/html/_app/core/api/cookie.php(41): Cookie::ensureSecretKey() #4 /var/www/html/_app/core/statamic.php(237): Cookie::getSecretKey() #5 /var/www/html/_app/start.php(20): Statamic::loadAllConfigs() #6 /var/www/html/index.php(66): require_once('/var/www/html/_...') #7 {main} thrown in /var/www/html/_app/vendor/Symfony/Component/Filesystem/Filesystem.php on line 83

I've tried setting _cache and _content to 777, as I've seen recommended on similar posts, but this doesn't solve the problem for me. I'm guessing it's a permissions something, but just am not sure. Any ideas? I'm really at a loss.

Server check.php says we should be able to run Statamic: KCcheckphp-thumb.png

Edit: While troubleshooting, I've tried removing my project from the server altogether and installing out of the box Statamic, and have the same error.

Answered by Ricky! Go to answer.